Civil Rights, Defense, Disabilities, Economy, Energy and Environment, Education, Ethics, Family, Fiscal Responsibility, Foreign Policy, Healthcare, Homeland Security, HIspanic, Immigration, Poverty, Rural, Seniors & Social Security, Service, Taxes, Technology, Urban Policy, Union, Veterans, Women
Economy and Jobs
1) The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) has worked. The Economy Has Been Growing - take a look at the graph of GDP growth between 2007 thru 2010.
2) The $787 billion economic stimulus package has created or saved nearly 2 million jobs slowing the bleeding
3) Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 that extended Unemployment benefits up to 20 weeks and more.
4) Provided $14.7 billion in small business loans increasing minority access to capital.
5) The $26 billion aid to states package preventing large-scale layoffs of teachers and public employees.
6) As of March 31, 2011, created 1.8 million Private sector jobs since Jan 2010.
7) US auto industry rescue plan saved at least 1 million jobs
8) Helped make the Auto Industry start making huge profits again with Ford sales up 19% over last year. GM up 11%. Chrysler up a whopping 31%.
9) Jobs for Main Street Act (2010)injected $27.5 Billion for Highways, $8.4 Billion for Transit into the country’s transportation system to create jobs and spur economic activity.
10) A $33 Billion Jobs Package that will allow Small businesses to get $5,000 tax credit for new hires.
11) A $26 billion State Aid Package Jobs Bill saving 300,000 teachers and public workers jobs from unemployment.
12) As part of the 2010 tax extension, Unemployment Insurance was extended to 7 million Americans who would have been without income.
Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse
health, seniors, research
health, disabilities, seniors
jobs, economy, research
military, foreign affairs, human rights
hispanic, minority, economy, small business
credit, economy, save$$
health, seniors, families, women, youth
youth, health, families
small business, health, save$$
health, save$$, families
seniors, health, low income families
health, save$$, all groups?
health, veterans, mental illness